Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Our Crazy Life

Life has been going at full speed but at the same time I feel like I don't have anything to write about!
That's not true though because there are a ton of changes coming up-- we just don't know what exactly all of them are.
 
One thing we know for sure: our house is under contract! We're supposed to close May 7th. I have completely mixed feelings about this. I'm happy to not have to keep it spotless anymore and worry about last minute showings. I'm grateful it sold so quickly- for here! Average days on market here are over 6 months and we've only had it listed for 2. I try not to think about the logistics of moving because that stresses me!
 
The person buying it came to see it last Wednesday. Our realtor called while they were here and said she'd gotten a call from their realtor and the showing was going great and they wondered if they could buy all my downstairs furniture and my bedroom set. Initially I freaked out, then I thought maybe it'd be okay, then I freaked out again. They did not end up asking for our furniture in the offer though so I don't have to worry about that anymore. They submitted their offer Friday night and we spent the weekend haggling. Of course Ryan was in Houston for his job interview during all this so it felt like a lot on my shoulders. It didn't help that I got a phone call at 11 Saturday morning asking if someone else could come see the house between 12 and 1. That was not enough advance notice for me so we pushed it back until 2:30. Thankfully my dad came and got the kids so I could get everything cleaned up (which really wasn't bad because I'd just cleaned the entire house Wednesday) without Peyton messing things up--that's the kicker!
 
Ryan's interview in Houston went great. We know they're going to make an offer- just waiting on it. Sometimes it feels a little overwhelming that all this is happening at once but if moving to Houston is the right thing for our family we're grateful that the house sold as quick as it did instead of being on the market for 6+ months. Once we figure out if and when we are actually moving to Houston figuring out the logistics of getting out of this house will be a little easier.
 
That's pretty much the main stuff that's been occupying our time these days.
After only working one day this year I picked up about 6 days in March so that's good--guess I gotta get some days in while I'm still employed!
 
Here are some pictures from the last couple weeks:
 
Colin was being a vampire. He's eating a red Popsicle to represent blood.
Peyton is such a cuddler--but she has no boundaries! She was literally sitting on me in my bed one morning! Of course I love it, though!!
Colin drew this one Saturday morning. I love it! I want to frame it and hang it somewhere in the new house.
Colin wanted to be a shark.
We had KFC for dinner one night. Peyton ate all her chicken and cole slaw but the potatoes were more of a play thing for her.
Ryan's grandma turned 86 last week. Colin made a card to send her. He wanted to put all the candles on the cake...it required 3 cakes ;)
Today we made a leprechaun trap for school. You can't really tell in the picture but inside is some more mossy grass and a pot of gold. I think I may have been on crack when I decided to use mossy grass! That stuff gets all over the place! My vision was to disguise the trap as a hill- that's where the grass came in but I think maybe next time we'll go a different route!
 
That's it for now. I will keep you posted on what our moving plans are once I know them.


0 comments: