Friday, March 5, 2010

Time for an Update

No pictures, just blogging! I was very (not) nicely harrassed by my brother today about needing to update the blog so I guess it's that time! Life has been hectic around here lately. Ryan is still finishing up the super-secret project (it's totally not a secret, just on the blog because he wants to tell about it), school is nuts (next week will be the worst--two tests, a practical, a paper, and massage day- ahhhh!), Colin is great. He loves running around and screaming. He especially likes it when someone is holding him and someone else chases them around. I think Pa and Uncle Ryan are his two favorites for that but Mommy and Daddy will do at home.

We recieved some bad news about Ryans mom last week. She has been diagnosed with lung cancer. At this point everything appears to be a blessing in disguise because the doctors said that it is not aggressive and very early stages. She went in for a regular physical and her doctor just so happened to take a chest X-ray. Something showed up in her lung, he wasn't too concerned about cancer but wanted to get a CAT scan anyway just to be safe. As it turns out, what showed up on the X-ray was just scar tissue, what showed up on the CAT scan was cancer. She meets with someone next week to set up surgery. Ryan will go down to be with her whenever that happens. We feel very lucky and blessed at this point because it appears to be such early detection and hope and pray that everything will go well and that her doctors will be inspired during her treatment. She is so special to both of us and we always love talking to her and hanging out with her!!!

Other than that, not much else is going on here. We might be getting a new car soon- much to Ryan's excitement and my dismay. Ryan's excited because it will be his and I'll drive the Jeep full-time (we've been switching off and on because we both want to drive it), I'm dismayed because I don't want another car payment but whatever!

So, I guess that's all that's happening around here. Sorry so boring!

Colin did do the cutest thing today. I sneezed and he told me "Bless you!" I love him!!!

0 comments: