Things have been crazy busy these last few weeks since school started and blogging has taken a backseat to all of the things that I have to do (aka: study)!! Here's a recap of recent happenings in the Doubrava household:
1. AMERICAN IDOL CONCERT!!! 
My mom got tickets for me and my sister to go to the American Idol Concert when they came here. It was FABULOUS!! The concert was so much fun but the BEST part was afterwards! When we were getting ready to leave we saw a bunch of people standing around so we asked one of the guards what was going on. He said that some of the Idols were going to come downstairs for autographs...obviously we HAD to wait!! We stood there for an hour before anyone came down. Allison and Megan were the first two down. We weren't able to get their autographs but Rachel got some good pis (It's not letting me upload the pics we got and I don't have enough time to do it the other way so I guess you can't see them). Next, Scott came out (once again, no autograph, just pics). THEN...Adam and Danny Gokey!! Most of the people who were waiting wanted to see Adam. Rachel got awesome pics of both of them!! We didn't really have anything for people to sign but I had our plastic popcorn bowl and Rachel was going to use her ticket. We were actually pretty close to the front of the crowd and ADAM AND DANNY SIGNED MY POPCORN BOWL!!!! Rachel also got Danny's autograph...it was sooooo much fun, definitely the icing on the cake!! Matt Giraurd also came down but we weren't able to get his autograph. Sadly, Kris never came down (he's Rach's favorite so she was pretty bummed about that)...all in all, it was a great night though!! (Maybe when I have more time this weekend or something I will upload the pics)
2. School's going really well. The first day was very overwhelming but it's going really good so far. I had my first test last week and think I did awesome!! I also did my first check-off last week (we have to do check offs of everthing we learn how to do to show that we are competant in our skill-set..they need to be done outside of class). I was pretty nervous but it went awesome!!! I had another test today that I think went well and have another one Thursday so I need to study some more for that. Ryan's been great about helping me study. He goes over everything I want him to--I think he kind of enjoys it. Last night he was like "you're going to do great on your test tomorrow, I think I'd do pretty well on it too"!
3. Ryan's mom came to visit for the weekend!!! We had so much fun. Ryan and Colin picked her up from the airport on Thursday afternoon. It was my mom's birthday so we headed over to their house that night for a surprise party. Ryan had to work on Friday but Colin, Jeannie, and I had fun hanging out. We ran a couple errands and went to the park.
Colin loved playing in the dirt. He rubbed his eye with his dirty hands and made a spot around his eye..it reminded me of a dalmation!!
That night we ordered pizza and watched a movie after Colin went to bed. On Saturday we went to the zoo. Colin's doing so well with his animal noises and it was fun for him to see all the animals in real life!

We went to Outback for dinner that night and played Phase 10 after Colin went to sleep. On Sunday we hung around the house for the morning and then went to the City Museum which has a bunch of slides and fun things to do. It was pretty neat and Colin seemed to really enjoy it.
We played another fun game of Phase 10 that night. Sadly, Jeannie had to leave Monday morning so we just spent the day at home yesterday. Ryan did some stuff around the house during Colin's nap and I studied. We're so glad she was able to come visit us and we had so much fun!!! We can't wait to see her again!
Our Own Fun House
11 years ago
2 comments:
"Adam & Danny signed my popcorn bowl"--Oh that completely cracked me up today!
Sounds like you have been busy! How fun you got some autographs! :) Hope to see more updates soon -- I need to post mine too!
Post a Comment