Monday, January 5, 2015

Hello December, Goodbye December

December went by SO fast!
Every year time is moving faster and faster and I'm just not sure what to make of it. 
I feel like December sprung up on me and it didn't really feel like Christmas time. 
Maybe it has something to do with not getting back from California until December 2nd, I don't really know. 

We went to the Santa Breakfast on the first Saturday in December. The kids had a lot of fun and were super excited that Nolan was there. Afterwards we went over to his house and played for a couple hours. It was a lot of fun!
The kids threw me for a little loop when they each asked Santa for things they'd never told me about! We'd been talking about what they were going to ask Santa for for at least a month. Colin always said a robot dinosaur and Peyton always said a kitchen. In actuality Colin asked for a Star Wars spaceship and light saber and Peyton asked for a princess--and threw in kitchen when I mentioned it. 
As we were driving home I asked Colin if he'd ever seen a Star Wars spaceship and he said "No." I was like "Do they even make those?" He said "I don't know but Santa can make anything." Oh the innocence of a child!

We also decided to get our Christmas decorations out that weekend. I wasn't too excited to drag everything out but it was fun once we did it. The kids put all the ornaments on the tree by themselves. It actually worked out pretty perfectly! I was making dinner because our neighbors were coming over that night, but we blasted the NSYNC Christmas and let them go to town!

These Christmas tree decorating pictures are my favorite!
There's something magical about them!
Colin's favorite part is putting the star on!
We also loved putting our decorations up outside!

The rest of the month went by in a whirlwind! Ryan and I have a tradition of going on a date at the beginning of December to Christmas shop. It's my favorite! This year we had a marathon date. Danielle came over at 2:45 and we went to see the Hunger Games, shopped, went to dinner, and did more shopping. It was so much fun. 

Peyton, Brody, and I went to Colin's class party at school. Unfortunately I forgot my phone so I couldn't take any pictures that day. Colin and Peyton were so cute to each other. They let Peyton participate in the cookie decorating which she loved!

On Christmas Eve eve the Goodrich's came over to make sugar cookies. A couple days before Colin said we needed to make cookies for Santa. I hadn't been planning on it because I didn't want a lot at our house but I decided it would be a good memory for him. Turns out I think making them with friends is the best idea ever! 

We spent Christmas Eve at my grandparents and Christmas day at my parents. It was lots of fun hanging out with everyone and being together.
Christmas morning Peyton played with her kitchen for about 45 minutes and then exclaimed; "Hey! I asked Santa for a kitchen and skates. I don't love Santa anymore!" She was pretty angry.
Luckily (or unluckily) my mom came through with the skates. I say unluckily because Peyton cannot do them on her own. She kind of can on the carpet but definitely not on hard flooring. I think we need to get her a helmet!!

Ryan got a week and a half off over Christmas break this year. The company he's at literally shuts down over the holidays which is so nice! We loved having him home! He got a lot done around the house- stay tuned for pics! It was so nice to hang out with him every day and to be able to watch movies and relax at night without worrying about getting up early for work (one of us always got up early with the kids but it wasn't him)!

Today it was back to reality and I've gotta say, I may not be a huge fan- if only we could never go to work or school and hang out together all the time!

1 comments:

SLC said...

Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas break. I'm with you on that last comment - I wish none of us had to go to work or school either. (My) Ryan, the kids and I had so much fun just hanging out together for a week. Ah well, back to reality.