Monday, February 10, 2014

Plus One!


 Baby 3 will be joining our family in August!!!
 
This baby was a long time coming! For awhile (read: as soon as Peyton became mobile and crazy) Ryan developed a new catchphrase: "No. More. Babies."
Of course I didn't agree with him and of course I fought him on it and of course I shed many tears over it.
 
I always knew in my heart that it was going to happen but it's kind of hard to get pregnant when your husband isn't on board! I'd be lying if I said I didn't pray for an "accident."
 
Then one day out of the blue he was apparently on board.
Which lasted for a month.
After which he decided he still wasn't ready.
 
Well that put me into a depression spiral.
Which isn't normal for me because I'm usually a pretty happy person.
I questioned why it hadn't happened in that month. Heavenly Father obviously knew Ryan was going to change his mind. He could have made it happen so Ryan wouldn't have that option.
But that wasn't the right time and that's okay.
 
Ryan could only handle about a week of my depression.
What man wants to come home to a crying wife every night?
So he changed his mind again--I'm not sure his mind was really changed on the timing of having a baby but he pretty much went along with it for me.
Isn't he a good husband?!
 
Then the waiting game began.
And this waiting game was longer than it had been with the other two.
Colin was pretty much immediate and Peyton was about 3 1/2 months--which I felt like was an eternity! This time was about 7 months- which I know in the grand scheme of things isn't very long but it definitely felt like was an eternity!
 
It was to the point where I couldn't handle people announcing pregnancies. I was excited for them but depressed that it wasn't happening for me. So, sorry if I never told you 'congratulations' if you announced a pregnancy during that time--chances are good I may have cried after I found out. (Actually that only happened one time).
 
So fast forward to December 14th.
I wasn't expecting that I was pregnant- because after so many months in a row of negatives you just don't expect it. But I was getting to what is usually the latest of my cycles (they're long and they're irregular). I woke up that Saturday morning and just decided to take a test- for the fun of it.
Ryan was downstairs with the kids- he had let me sleep in instead of the other way around!
 
Imagine my surprise when it was positive!
I hurried downstairs and drug Ryan back up. He was super confused and had no clue what was going on. When I showed him the test I think he was a little stunned!
I told my family that day but we waited to tell Jeannie until she got here for Christmas. We told my extended family on Christmas Eve. Peyton wore her big sister shirt over to my grandparents that night.
 
I've had 2 doctors appointments so far. We've had an ultrasound and heard the heartbeat.
As of right now the plan is that we're not going to find out what it is!
We don't care either way and we already have one of each so we're prepared for either.
We think it will be really fun to have the experience in the delivery room of them saying "It's a...."
 
We can't wait for our little baby to get here!


0 comments: