Thursday, January 16, 2014

Back to Those 2-Year Old Troubles

A couple nights ago I went into Peyton's room to get her up from her nap. It was a little after 5 and she had just started crying. It was starting to get dark outside and the light was off in her room so it was pretty dark in there.
 
Imagine my surprise when I turned the light on and saw that she was sleeping on the cabinet that used to be her changing table!!! I told her she couldn't do that, that she could fall off and get hurt.
 
Apparently she didn't listen. She was taking a nap today (and let me tell you, these 2 naps are pretty much the only successful naps we've had in a few weeks!) and all of the sudden I heard a huge bang and immediate crying. I ran upstairs and sure enough she had been sleeping on her cabinet again and fallen off.
 
I checked her out, she wasn't bleeding but her cheeks were red (1 more than the other) and her nose had a line on it. She wouldn't tell me where she hurt so we sat in her rocking chair and cuddled. She fell back asleep but woke up about 10 minutes later after I laid her in her bed.
 
Her cheek's aren't as red anymore but she's starting to get some bruising. Poor girl!
Needless to say, the cabinet has been moved into her closet so there is nothing she can climb on besides her bed and rocking chair (and hopefully she won't climb on and fall off that rocking chair because I'll have to take it out of the room!)
 
You see the line on her nose and kind of see the bruise starting on her left cheek.
This girl sure does give us a run for our money!

0 comments: