Saturday, March 30, 2013

Things I'm Kind of Obsessed With Right Now

I thought it would be fun to do a post about certain things I'm really loving these days!
These are in no particular order, just so you know!
-Dry shampoo- I was introduced to this blessed product by Kim when we were in NYC (my favorite city, in case you were wondering)! It is AMAZING! I used to wash my hair every.single.day. And every single day (pretty much) it got put up in a wet bun because I didn't want to take the time to dry and flat-iron it (who's got time for that?!) Since I've been using dry shampoo I've been able to go at least 3 days between washings. It adds so much volume and freshens your head right up! One day soon I may do a post about all the fun new hairstyles I've learned how to do (also because of Kim).
-My heart ring- Don't be fooled, I bought this for myself. Ryan didn't get it. But I do think it's pretty cute and it does make me happy!
-Blogging- I started our blog in 2008 as a way to keep the family informed of our goings-ons...mainly because of Colin! As it turns out, I absolutely love it! I get a lot of satisfaction out of posting pictures and stories and I get even more satisfaction when I go back and read the stories and look at the pictures. There are so many things I've posted that I've forgotten about and it's awesome to be able to look back and be reminded of all the funny things the kids have done and said. For instance, I was reading some old stories last night and I had forgotten that Colin used to talk in the third person-for years, I think. How in the world I forgot that I don't know.  One of my favorite things ever are our blog books! We've got one from every year I've been doing this (the first year and a half is combined) and they're such a fun way to keep our family history! I'm so grateful to have these keepsakes!

-Nashville- The TV show. I love it. I'm not really sure why all the TV shows seem to go on week long hiatus's these days but Wednesday nights when Nashville's actually on make me very happy!
-Brett Eldredge-He was the first opener at Taylor Swift (you didn't think I could do a things I'm obsessed with post and not mention her, did you?) We only heard his first song the first night but heard it all on night 2 and he's great! It's pretty hard for me to be interested in songs I've never heard before. It usually takes at least a couple times to familiarize myself with them before I like them but I was hooked from the beginning. You should YouTube him. Seriously! You won't regret it!


-This guy-Colin is just so funny and sweet--and clearly adorable! He's the best big brother ever and is such a great helper! He's doing so great at school and is so much fun to hang out with. He's absolutely hilarious and it's so much fun getting to have conversations with him now that he's getting  so old! (Conversations were always fun with him though!) We are so incredibly blessed to be his parents and to have him in our family!!!
Peyton's baby blues-They are so vibrant! She's adorable and hilarious just like her brother. Her personality is definitely starting to shine and she is a hoot! She's definitely opinionated and sometimes hot-headed but I think we knew that was a possibility! She's starting to say a bunch of animal noises which is so cute! We'll have to get a video of it! She loves babies and puppies. The other day we were at Target and she saw a book with Clifford on it and started screaming when we left that aisle because she wanted it...we're definitely in temper territory these days! The past few days she's been sitting in front of the trash can and giggling because she can see herself in it. She'll give it hugs and say "baby." Absolutely adorable! We sure do love these kiddos!!!

0 comments: