You know what they say: Time flies when you're having fun.
The older I get the more convinced I am that it's not just when you're having fun. (Even though we have a lot of it!) Time flies the older you get!
I thought things went by fast when Colin was a baby. I'm pretty sure it's going even faster with Peyton! She turned 11 months old on Friday! I can't believe it!
We had to give her the big girl car seat because she's WAY too big for the pumpkin seat! I think she likes it! The only bad thing about it is when she falls asleep in the car- I can't just carry her inside in her car seat anymore-and she definitely wakes up as soon as I try to get her out!
She's so funny and growing so fast! She:
*Blows kisses (as of Friday)
*Says hi and waves when you tell her to say hi (hi sounds like i). Sometimes she just waves.
*Gives kisses--super slobbery ones!
*Signs milk
*Still won't hold her bottle--she pulls it into her mouth and then drops her hands for someone else to hold it. Silly girl! I've started forcing her to hold it sometimes because she's fully capable. I think she just likes to relax when she's eating. Who wouldn't?!
*Dances when she hears music
*Raises her arms when you ask how big Peyton is
*Claps her hands
*Has 6 teeth: 4 on top, 2 on bottom
*Started biting recently- so not fun for the receiver!
*High fives
*Cruises
*Loves climbing up and down the stairs--is finally getting the hand of going down backwards. We still prefer to have someone there for her stair excursions though!
*Hasn't been sleeping as well recently. She's slept through the night practically her whole life but in the last few weeks she's sometimes been waking up at random (extremely early) hours: 4, 5:30, 6. She usually won't even fall back to sleep when she has her bottle so a couple of the times I've brought her back into bed with us. (Completely breaking my 'no kids in the bed' rule). Thankfully she usually goes to sleep pretty quickly in our bed. (After first giggling when she sees Ryan, hitting him a few times, and probably doing a couple head butts!)
*Crawls like a champ
*Gets mad and yells when you take something away from her that she wants
*She's been doing this hilarious grin thing. The other day she was playing with one of Colin's toys. As soon as he noticed she had it he tried to get it away. I told him to leave her alone and give it back to her. She smiled so proudly when he had to give it up- She knows exactly what she's doing!
*Still says 'dada' way more than 'mama'
*Will point to us on pictures when we ask her where we are
*LOVES food---not baby food. Real food. She will still eat her baby food fruit. Loves puffs and pretty much anything else she can get her little hands on. The other day she ate an onion...and went back for more!
*Has stood for about 20 seconds a couple times without holding on to anything!
She's such a sweet girl and we are so blessed to have her and Colin in our family!!!
I cannot believe she is going to be 1 in less than a month! That seems unreal!
The other night she fell asleep like this in her playpen. Cuddling the ball and all!
0 comments:
Post a Comment