Saturday, January 8, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLIN!!!

Colin had such a fun 3rd birthday!!! He's at the perfect age where he kind of grasps what's going on-- at least he knew there'd be presents and he knew it was all about him! All day whenever anyone told him happy birthday he told them happy birthday back! This morning Ryan said "Happy Birthday Colin" and Colin said "I am not a cake." I think he thinks birthday means cake?!

Speaking of cake, I finished it last night except for the wings. It was so much fun and he loved it! The first thing he wanted to do this morning was go downstairs to see his dragon! I had it covered with aluminum foil and we had to uncover it about 10 times throughout the morning so he could look at his dragon. It was funny!



We let him open one present this morning. I had gotten him those dinosaurs that grow in water. He loved them!! We put a couple in this morning and checked on them all day to see how big they were getting!! I'll admit, I thought they were gonna get bigger than they did (the package said they increased 400%!) but we actually put a couple back in the water this afternoon and they did get bigger- guess they just weren't done growing!



His cake with wings!!



I wrote a poem for his invitation. I don't have a pic of the invitation right now but here's the poem:

Another year has come and gone
And Colin's turning three.
So fly on over to my lair
And celebrate with me!

We'll have some pizza and some cake.
A spark of fun we're sure to make.
My birthday's on the 8th, you see
So come on over at 12:30
RSVP if you can't come
{insert # here}
To my mum!


(There was a cute picture of a dragon on the bottom of the invitation!)


Giving hugs after opening his present from the Wilsons.



More hugs

Getting ready to sing Happy Birthday. He was so excited to blow his candle out. As soon as we sat him down there he was like "sing happy birthday to me!!!"

He blew his candle out like a champ!!!

Afterwards he was so excited! He kept smiling and squealing!!!



More presents!!!

He was very excited about his dragon from Grandma Jeannie!!

Gator Golf!!

Aunt Amy and Uncle Brad got him a really cool bag with his name sewn on and the #3!! There were also fun things inside!

Most of the guests!

Grandma and Grandpa got him a Buddy and Tiny from Dinosaur Train--they talk to each other! (He is currently sleeping with them, as well as his new dragon!)

Playing some Gator Golf with Daddy and Nate

With Austin

With Danielle
With Grandma and Grandpa!! He had just been crying because we told him it was nap time!
He had such a fun day and we're so blessed to have such great family and friends to celebrate with us! I honestly cannot believe 3 years have gone by since our sweet boy was born! We love you so much Colin!!!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

You did an AWESOME job on that cake-- it looks great!