Tuesday, September 28, 2010

WELCOME HOME JASON!!!!!!!



He's home!!! It's been an awesome day! I've been excited and a little nervous throughout the day! There were time I would think about how long we had until Jason would walk off that airplane and get teary-eyed with anticipation!

I got done with school at 4 and the plan was that mom and dad (and Colin)were going to go pick little Ryan up from football practice and then come get me from my house. Ryan was going to meet us over there from work and Colin and I would ride back to my parents house with him after the airport festivities. I could hardly wait for mom and dad to get to my house! I was sitting in front of the window so I could go outside as soon as they got here.

We got to the airport and got all set up. We had a banner, the video camera on tripod (since Josh and Rachel are away at school Rachel requested it be videotaped--Ryan was the camera man), and balloons. Jason had sent Colin some kind of Vietnamese clothing (I call it a kimono, Jason called it something in Viet I couldn't understand!) while on his mission so I brought that for Colin to wear. It was so cute.





His plane was supposed to get in at 6:20 and was a little late. He landed at 6:32. My grandma and grandpa and Aunt Kim and cousins Courtney and Katie also came to the airport. As it got closer to his landing time I called Josh so he could hear and mom called Rachel. I saw him through the window walking towards us--he was still far away though. Of course I was crying immediately. Little Ryan and Aunt Kim also saw him. I was giving Josh the play by play. Jason was walking towards us, and all of the sudden "he went into the bathroom". Dad's like "Couldn't he have done that on the plane?" They still hadn't seen him yet. As soon as he came out he rounded a corner and then I saw his reflection in the tunnel! It was surreal!-- It felt like slow-mo! After giving him a hug and crying some more, I gave him my phone so Josh could talk to him.






We all (sans Courtney and Katie) went back to mom and dads afterwards and had some food and got to visit. Uncle Brent met us over there and so did our friends, the Kibbys. I'm so glad he's home! We've been looking forward to this for quite some time! I don't think it feels like it's been 2 years, but on the other hand there were times when it felt like it took FOREVER--probably the last 6 months since it was so close but so far away!

Colin was excited to see Jason! He's been talking about it for a couple days. When we parked at the airport he was like "get me out of this seat. I need to go see Jason get off the airplane. Get me out of this seat!" It was so funny! He is definitely excited to have another Uncle back home with him!!

Welcome Home Jason! We are so proud of you and WE LOVE YOU!!!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You have such a great family-- you people just love the heck out of each other. It's really great. Glad your brother is back home. :)

Mitch and Jaci said...

Yay that is so exciting! I cant believe it has been two years . He looks great.how fun he is finally back.